Searching for the best nursing shoes for you? Not sure which brands are good or which offer the best value for money in 2017? This article, through comparison and review, will answer the following questions and more…
Who are the industry leaders?
What are their strengths and weaknesses?
Which manufacturer offers the best product for the lowest cost?
Who would we recommend?
Read on for more details…
Popular Nursing Shoes
When Nursing shoes and clogs are the topic of discussion there are a few brands that stand out from the rest for numerous reasons.
For instance, Dansko are a well known shoe manufacturer that for years have been heralded for their top quality clogs. Some of their products have been targeted to appeal to the nursing industry, offering approvals from third party associations with regards to their Podiatric value and slip-resistance.
Nurse Mates (See Here) are also a stand out in the industry. With around 50 years in the business, they focus the design of their shoes primarily for nurses, and similar professionals. With this as their focus, they have come up with many innovative designs and features that add to the comfort of the wearer. They don’t disappoint when it comes to their style either, any professional can feel and look good in Nurse Mates.
The name Skechers is also synonymous with comfortable shoes. A popular shoe brand that is well known world wide. With a product line that caters to the “nurse and medical” field, we felt that their products were worth stacking up against the other industry leaders.
Pros and Cons List
N.B. The information below is solely the opinion of the team at the nursing shoe center, ascertained through various means of research.
- Accepted by the APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association).
- Third party slip-resistance – tested and approved.
- Unique styles and coloring.
- Scotch-gard stain resistance.
- Odor and moisture resistant linings.
- Higher end pricing.
- Reports that sizing from shoe to shoe can slightly differ.
- Reported to be heavier than other nursing shoes.
- All the brands products are designed with nurses and professionals in mind.
- Pillow Top – padding for the bottom of your foot.
- EVA – Expanded foam rubber bottoms.
- Light weight.
- Rubber inserts for increased grip.
- Distinct styling and colors available.
- Upper leather is stain resistant.
- Competitive pricing.
- Don’t necessarily come with the third-party approvals like Dansko.
- Some products only come in limited colors.
Go here to learn more about Nurse Mates shoes, including some of the most popular styles, discounts, coupons, and more.
- Less traditional – athletic/sporty look.
- Good range of different shoe styles from runners to clogs.
- Shape Ups line – for toning your body while you walk.
- Meet industry standards for slip and electric current resistance.
- Shape Ups design receive mixed reviews regarding comfort and results.
- Mixed reviews regarding balance and stability.
Pricing and Cost/Feature Analysis
Upper Range Pricing – Dansko
The Dansko product line, in comparison to the other manufacturers, are priced quite high. However, with Dansko the consensus is that you get what you pay for. These shoes have many desirable features and are independently certified for comfort and safety. When you buy a pair of Dansko’s to some degree you pay for a brand, but you will get a great shoe.
Medium Range Pricing – Skechers
On the price range, Skechers sit below Dansko and about equal with Nurse Mates. They offer a product that have some features designed to give added comfort while conforming to workplace safety standards. Some of their products definitely have a more sporty style about them, making them popular with people who want a little less of a traditional look.
Medium Range Pricing – Nurse Mates
Nurse Mates offer a product that is very reasonably priced with cost vs. benefits in mind. On the price scale they fall in the range with a moderate price tag. Considering they have been on the scene for around 50 years they are a time proven brand. Their footwear gets great testimony regarding comfort and it could be said that they are well worth the investment.
Nursing Shoes Center Conclusion
In line with the saying, “horses for courses”, our team believes that each brand could appeal to different types of people and circumstances.
- Dansko are considered top quality and their shoes are tried and tested. However, this is reflected in a bigger price tag.
- Skechers have a decent name and do seem to offer a good product, even though some testimony seems to indicate this shoe is not necessarily as comfortable for everyone. They may appeal to the nurse looking for more of a athletic looking shoe, although they do various styles.
- Nurse Mates is our pick for the best of both worlds: priced reasonably, good testimony and some innovative features that make working on your feet all day just that bit easier.
As far as value for money Nurse Mates are your best nursing shoe bet. Because we believe Nurse Mates to be a value for money product, we also offer 30% off coupon codes in connection with our affiliate ShoeLine.